If you didn't know already, I kinda have an obsessive hobby: soapmaking. I make a LOT of soap. In fact, my family tends to get irate with me because soaping takes a substantial amount of equipment and they get tired of all the clutter when I take over the kitchen. Not to mention trays of curing soap sitting around the house. LOL! Anyhow, I finally opened an Etsy page so I can get some of this stuff out of my house. It also allows me to buy more supplies...
Anyhow, here's what I've been working on the past week. They aren't cured yet, but so pretty I just have to share!
These are all cold process/oven process soaps, made primarily with olive, coconut, and palm oils, with other fine oils added to make them gentle and moisturizing.
1. Nag Champa: Smoky and sexy...just wonderful! This started as white soap with copper and brown streaks, but because of the nature of the fragrance oil, it morphed to this wonderful tan color with purple and dark pink streaks. Check out the copper streaks peeking out on top!
2. "Mr. Darcy" is a wonderful soap fragranced with a blend of tobacco leaf, bay leaf and other warm, musky scents. This is my personal favorite!
3. Black Raspberry and Vanilla. This pour turned out amazing! The fragrance is warm fruity and sweet.
4. Blacque/Bleu: Wow. This is stormy, moody and gorgeous. The scent is Blackberry/Sage, and just perfect for the title characters.
5. Carnation: Not really the pour I intended, but still very pretty. :) Its floral and spicy, just like a bouquet of carnations. This soap was fun, it started yellow, then cured back to white.
While these aren't ready to go up for sale yet, here's my Etsy URL:
absolute awesomeness addiction Adversity An Uncommon Whore angels animal rescue animal welfare Anne Kane anxiety aquamarine author corner bad angels bad weather Barbara Elsborg BDSM bdsm romance belinda mcbride BelindaPalooza Belindapendence Belle Starr beverages bisexual bisexual romance Black Planet Blacque/Bleu blog hop Broken Cancer CAPA changeling press characters cherise sinclair China chronic pain Coming Out contests cooking courage craft creativity culinary competion custom art cyber punk Dark Haven deadlines Deeply blog demons dog shows dogs Doms of Dark Haven Dos Lunas Dragon's Blood drawings druids election embarrassment EPIC Winner erotic romance erotica expressive writing faith family fantasy fear femme domme fiction Film fire firefighters France free reads full moon futuristic genre hopping ghosts goldenwolfen grand prize greco-roman culture halloween haunted mansions head/desk health heroines hide my head in shame Hong Kong human trafficking Iditarod Inspirational jessica freely Jessica Freely jianne carlo Kate Roman KC Burn Lance Mackey las vegas Last Call Europe lena austin lex valentine LGBT linda suzane Lisabet Sarai little Dragon Little Dragon Little Foxes loose Id lost pets love scenes lucky in red lynn lorenz m/m m/m romance Madly martial arts martini mary winter meditation menage romance menege mental illness My Birthday mythology NaNoWriMo New Concepts Publishing new release New Year's Giveaway News nutrition overcoming pack politics paranormal paranormal romance Paris Passion in Print passionate plume pearls personal pet peeves PETA PL Nunn positivity procrastination Rainbow book awards real life release dates Review Risk romance save the quiet kitty science fiction Sele selena illyria shape shifters Sheri Lewis Wohl shunga siberian husky sidhe sierra cartwright slavery smoke snow snowfire: chrysalis space opera speculative fiction St John and St Thomas stupid mistakes succubus survival Suzanne Rock Tara Lain terrorism The Next Big Thing The Romance Reviews Tiger Eyes time off TMI Tony Leung travel Truckee Wolves Truly urban fantasy valentine's day vampires vampiropolis well being werewolves When I Fall wicca wildlife witches wolves World building world events writer's block writers block writing writing habits yacht